Yorkville Community Unit School District No. 115 Board Member Vacancy
The School District is accepting applications to fill the vacancy resulting from the resignation of Board Member Jason Senffner. The individual selected will serve on the Board of Education from the date of appointment through the April 1, 2025, consolidated election.
The School District’s mission is cultivating learners who apply experiences to enrich society, and the School District’s vision is to create a recognized community of learners, where everyone has the voice, freedom, and responsibility to create individual learning paths.
Applicants for the Board vacancy must, at a minimum:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a registered voter;
- Be a resident of Kendall County, Illinois and outside of the Bristol Congressional District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment;
- Not be a child sex offender;
- Not hold another incompatible public office;
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District; and
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment.
Applicants should show familiarity with the Board’s policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics and gift ban. The Board’s policies are available online at https://boardpolicyonline.com/?b=yorkville_115.
Applications should consist of: (1) a resume and (2) a letter stating the candidate’s interest in the position and why s/he should be considered for the position. Applications may be turned in via email by 11:59 pm on September 19, 2023, to Cathy Anderson, the Superintendent’s Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.