Emergency All-District E-learning Day
District 115 families should assume that on-site and hybrid learning is in session according to the regular schedule unless otherwise notified.
In the event a decision is made to close school buildings due to inclement weather, District 115 may institute an emergency all-district e-learning day. The all-district e-learning plan allows instruction to continue, even if buildings are not able to open. If the district implements an emergency all-district e-learning day, families will be notified according to the weather emergency communication plan (www.y115.org/emergencyguide).
During an emergency all-district e-learning day:
- District buildings are closed to students/visitors.
- All students attend school remotely (students learn “synchronously” through teacher-led virtual instruction).
- Student attendance is taken by the classroom teacher during the Zoom conference call.
- Students should bring home their Chromebooks/devices and chargers daily.
- Parents/Guardians should ensure their contact information remains updated with their child’s school.