With the health, safety, and well-being of our school community as our priority, Yorkville CUSD 115 administration has been closely monitoring developments regarding the respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19).District administrators are in contact with representatives from the Kendall County Health Department about the progression of the disease and preventative measures in order to be able to share consistent, accurate, and timely information related to this public health concern with Y115 families and employees.
As we now enter Phase 3 of the Governor's plan, please be reminded of the following guidelines:
- Ensure face coverings and social distancing are the norm.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash hands frequently
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If no soap is available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Contact your physician/visit a COVID-19 testing site if you have a cough, fever, body aches, and/or fatigue.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Kendall County Health Department (KCHD):
- Coronavirus News Alerts and Updates - http://www.kendallhealth.org/alerts
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Real Time Map - https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- General Information Regarding Coronavirus - https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/63629fc5-e035-4ab7-8b3f-4809af701b9b.pdf
- Guidance for Illinois PreK-12 Schools - https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/5085ab84-330d-4b26-a6e2-49c2e7755f2e.pdf
- Guidance for Illinois Students - https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/b9045cda-78c1-480e-80a8-decae71e745a.pdf
- Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions - http://dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):