With the health, safety, and well-being of our school community as our priority, Yorkville CUSD 115 administration has been closely monitoring developments regarding the respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19). Local district administrators recently met with representatives from the Kendall County Health Department to learn more about the disease and preventative measures in order to be able to share consistent, accurate, and timely information related to this public health concern with our families and employees.
To help maintain our healthy classroom environment, we will continue to be diligent in the daily maintenance and cleanliness of schools and will take additional measures that include:
- Increased daily cleaning of bus surfaces (seats, handrails, etc.).
- Increased wipe downs of classroom surface areas
- Increased access to hand-sanitizers in schools.
- Increased reminders for students/staff to wash hands frequently and pay greater attention to the following daily recommended precautions:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If no soap is available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Contact your physician if you have a cough, fever, body aches, and/or fatigue.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Kendall County Health Department (KCHD):
- Coronavirus News Alerts and Updates - http://www.kendallhealth.org/alerts
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Real Time Map - https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- General Information Regarding Coronavirus - https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/63629fc5-e035-4ab7-8b3f-4809af701b9b.pdf
- Guidance for Illinois PreK-12 Schools - https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/5085ab84-330d-4b26-a6e2-49c2e7755f2e.pdf
- Guidance for Illinois Students - https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/b9045cda-78c1-480e-80a8-decae71e745a.pdf
- Coronavirus: Frequently Asked Questions - http://dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus/faq
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):