Bullying is the "ongoing physical or emotional victimization of a person by another person or group of people" (SPRC, 2011). Bullying is taken very seriously in Yorkville CUSD 115, which is demonstrated through the district's established policies and procedures.
District 115 Policy 7:180 defines bullying as the following:
- Placing the student or students in reasonable fear of harm to the student’s or students’ person or property;
- Causing a substantial detrimental effect on the student’s or students’ physical or mental health;
- Substantially interfering with the student’s or students’ academic performance; or
- Substantially interfering with the student’s or students’ ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or privileges provided by a school; that
- Occurs over a period of time.
Please be assured that District 115 is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all students and staff, and will not tolerate any type of bullying behavior. In the event an alleged bullying incident occurs, students, staff, and/or parents/guardians are asked to report this information immediately so the district may conduct an investigation and respond appropriately. This information can be reported in person, online, or by phone.
Reports can be made anonymously by using the District’s 115 Bullying Reporting Form, and hard copies are also available in each school’s office. The online bullying report form is monitored during the school day. If you need immediate support due to a crisis situation call 988.
In addition, you also may contact a school or district administrator directly (contact information is listed below). District administration may be contacted at 630-553-4382. Students should call during scheduled school breaks.
Bullying Report Contact Information
Bristol Grade School
Principal: Victor Perez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yorkville Grade School
Principal: Melinda Hafenrichter, email@example.com
Yorkville CUSD 115 Administrative Office
Director of Student Services: Melinda Lasky, firstname.lastname@example.org