Student Support Services
Yorkville 115 believes in the academic and social-emotional development of all students. Through a strong partnership with home and our community, District 115 is committed to creating a safe environment so that all students can thrive academically, and overcome any negative emotional obstacles that might present themselves.
As part of this belief, District 115 complies with the requirements of Ann Marie's Law. The law, signed in 2015, mandates that all Illinois public schools provide age-appropriate suicide and depression awareness/prevention education programs for students in grades kindergarten through 12.
In addition, District 115 encourages parents who are concerned about their children to access the following resources for support. Social workers are also available at each school, if a child may be in need of additional help.
- Suicide Prevention & Support Services of Yorkville
- Erica's Lighthouse: A site dedicated to information about youth depression.
- The Trevor Project: A support site for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer youth who are experiencing depression or suicidal thoughts.
- The Jason Foundation: A foundation focused on suicide prevention that provides information on youth suicide and its prevention.
- The Ann Marie Foundation - The foundation that helped create Ann Marie's Law. The website shares Ann Marie's story and provides both national and local resources.
- Social Service Agencies
- Counseling Referrals