Proof of Residency

  • Three documents proving residency are required to enroll a new student into Yorkville Community Unit School District 115.

    New Enrollment: If you are new to Yorkville CUSD 115, but are also either a current resident or lived in the district previously, you must provide proof of residency.

    New Construction: If you are building a house within the boundaries of Yorkville CUSD 115, you must be living in the house before you may register your child(ren) in any district school, and provide proof that the house is located within District 115 boundaries.

    Required documents show your name and current address (examples below), and your parcel identification number (PIN) found on your tax bill or at:

    • Kane County:
    • Kendall County:


    Category I: One (1) document required

    1. Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment (e.g. cancelled check or Form 1098)
    2. Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment (e.g. canceled check or receipts)
    3. Letter from manager and proof of last month’s payment (e.g. canceled check or receipt)
    4. Housing letter (military personnel)
    5. Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (form available at each school)
    6. Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District 115 resident (form available at each school)


    Category II: Two (2) documents showing proper address are required

    1. Driver’s license
    2. Vehicle registration
    3. Voter registration
    4. Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
    5. Current public aid card
    6. Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
    7. Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
    8. Current library card
    9. Receipt from moving van rental
    10. Mail received at new residence