WE are Yorkville: A strong community of dedicated students, talented employees, passionate residents and supportive business partners who, through education, work together to enrich society.
The approximately 6,000 students served by Yorkville Community Unit School District 115 are housed within six elementary schools, an intermediate school, a middle school, and a high school that are located approximately 50 miles southwest of Chicago. Although no longer considered a small-town, Yorkville 115 prides itself on maintaining its close-knit community feel while providing its students with opportunities to graduate well-prepared for college, careers, or vocations after high school.
In 2016, District 115 engaged stakeholders from the classroom to the community in a process to identify strengths within the district, and opportunities for growth in the coming years. The result was the District 115 Strategic Plan that established a set of priorities based on the district's unfaltering community values that would serve to improve learning in the community.
MISSION: Our Purpose
Cultivating learners who apply skills and experiences to enrich society
VISION: Our Future
A recognized community of learners, where everyone has the voice, freedom, and responsibility to create individual learning paths
GUIDING PRINCIPLES: Our Beliefs
- students must actively participate in their own learning
- in a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement
- the learning/school community must take shared responsibility for student learning
- goals are accomplished when thoroughly planned, implemented, and supported
- in effective communication and collaboration among students, their families, and staff
- a technology-rich environment supports high-levels of student learning
- fiscal responsibility is required to ensure the community the best possible return on its investment