Mission: Promote Excellence in Special Education by Empowering Family, Staff, and Students to Effect Positive Change
Vision of Yorkville School District PT3 is that "all students can
achieve", therefore, we are committed to identifying and meeting the
diverse needs of each student. We will demonstrate strength and
compassion through our collaborative work and continuing education with
families, students, community, and colleagues in order to promote each
PT3 will achieve its Mission and Vision by supporting the following
combined goals of District 115 and Kendall County Special Education
- Support the Ongoing Communication and Teamwork of Parents and Faculty/Staff
- Enhance Student Development Through School and Community-based Partnerships
- Participate in the Future Vision and Planning for All Students
- Increase Opportunities for Parent and Staff Training/Development
- Raise Awareness and Acceptance of the Diverse Needs of Our Community Through Education
- Provide Access and Integration into the General Education Environment
The PT3 Intends to:
- Increase transparency in special education services between District 115 and KCSEC, ensuring consistency of practice, procedures and philosophy.
- Enhance two-way communication between all District 115 and KCSEC stakeholders that is timely and relevant.
- Promote awareness of school programs, recognize accomplishments, and identify future needs.
- Support and provide opportunities for parent and staff education.
- Foster collaboration as a means to develop trust and understanding between parents and educators.
PT3 Committee Facilitation:
Yorkville School District 115 PT3 will have Lead Facilitators
(representing KCSEC, parents, and District 115) to effectively maintain
the functioning of the PT3. The Lead Facilitators will serve as
Liaisons for District 115 and KCSEC. PT3 will include parents,
community members, and educators.
Responsibilities of the Lead Facilitators and PT3 Members will include:
- Attend regularly scheduled monthly PT3 meetings
- Recruit volunteers to assist and carry out the work of the PT3
- Develop committees to focus efforts on action items and communication
- Promote the work and mission of the PT3 throughout the community
- Uphold the mission and goals of the PT3
- Serve Through Feedback, Input and Recommendations